This highly-regarded short training course is for clinicians and health service managers. It provides a comprehensive introduction to clinical governance and risk management, and how they can be used to deliver excellence in clinical care.
Training is delivered entirely online. You can start at any time and take as long as you wish to complete the training. Most participants prefer to study one topic a week (approximately two hours study time), spreading it over a ten-week period.
The course has been divided into 10 easy-to-manage topics, covering the key elements of clinical governance and risk management:
- CPD, CME and the internet
- Re-validation and licensing to practice
- Finding and using evidence, EBP and guidelines
- Patient and Public Involvement
- Accountability, performance and underperformance
- Risk management
- Audit, effectiveness and coding
- Patient safety and significant event audit
- Data security and Confidentiality
Assessment and certification
At the end of the course, you submit a short logbook exercise to Professor Nick Fox, in order to receive the certificate of completion.
The fee for the entire course is £250. This offers exceptionally good value in comparison to equivalent face-to-face courses.
You can take the training at any time, simply click here to apply.